Saturday, January 14, 2017

I'm over this new skill!!

My life has become increasingly more complicated, frustrating and full of adventure.  Because the boys' love for climbing wasn't enough....they can now open doors.  ALL doors!!! The refrigerator door, the sliding door and every other door in the house!!!


I have now had to start locking and closing all the doors....yep, we are living in a house where if you want to go in a room, you have use your ring or a penny to unlock it from thr outside to go in.

Every morning, the boys now wake up and open there door and come greet me with their happy squealing voices!! Sounds great, righy?!?! It really is super cute.....when it's not 5:00am.

I'm contemplating pad locking the refrigerator and freeze door.  They open it.  Take things out.....mostly string cheese, sometimes a frozen roast....and they NEVER close it!!



And the sliding back door....I try to use this to my advantage.....now they can help let the dogs in and out!!! Which is what they do....most of the time.  However, sometimes they see it as an easy way to go outside and play.  Which typically results in me chasing them and them screaming when they get caught.....cue the toddler meltdown.

So now I learn to navigate a whole new world of frustration.  I can not go pee or brush my teeth, or even get dressed without finding a child on top of the counter....doing God knows what....or emptying the refrigerator or playing outside by themselves. This clearly leaves me 2 options: lots of alcohol or shock collars!





No comments:

Post a Comment