Monday, August 12, 2013

Letting go...

The next few weeks will be tough as all of my teacher friends and family head back to school and get their new gaggle of students. 

When I made the choice to stay home with Peyton is was an easy choice but at the same time a very emotionally difficult one. I'm not a very self boosting person but I was a good teacher....that was what I was meant to do, teach....and I loved it!  So making the choice to give up something I loved and was good at....even if it was for something else I know I would love even more....it takes an emotional toll.

Though I have to admit as this time approached I have found myself feeling bits of doubt and regret for my decision....did I make the right one? Even though I know that I did.  The problem was that as a teacher.....I gave 100%.   And I quickly learned that for me...giving 100% as a teacher and giving 100% as a mom didn't mix well. I didn't want to be at work late getting ready for the next day....I wanted to be with Peyton.  It wasn't fair to my students to not have a 100% teacher...and that's not who I am.  And so I know that as much I LOVE teaching....it will be there when I'm ready to go back.  But for now my place in life is home with Peyton.

I am so glad that as this tough time approachs Peyton is in such a fun age....doing and growing so much. Backward crawling (she can forward crawl...she just doesn't know she's doing it!), pulling herself up and making sounds that sound a lot like mom mom. This all makes me excited to see what's next and happy that I'll be home to see it happen :-)

Heck, if it weren't for staying home I probably would have never found this new love of sewing.  So as one door closes....another one opens.

No comments:

Post a Comment