Friday, July 12, 2013

Sleep like a baby??

From 5 weeks old Peyton slept through the night!  It was amazing! Not many new babies do that so I knew to enjoy it. At about 4 months old she stopped, but we quickly got her back on track. Until recently....... 
My once blissful sleeper now wakes up at 3 am crying.  She's not hungry, she doesn't need a diaper change....no, she just wants to sleep on mom! The minute I pick her up she passes right out on my shoulder.  While this sounds sweet....her wanting to sleep on her mommy, it is not all pleasantries. 

Peyton is an active sleeper, just like her dad. She tosses and turns and rolls. And now she does this on top of me. Let's just say my sleep from 3am until morning is not so sound!  The part that, let's face it, really sucks is that I highly valued the time I had after I woke up and before Peyton woke up. Sometimes it is only 30 min....other times it's an hour and a half. But I had that time all to myself. I could catch up on my latest sewing project, enjoy a cup of coffee, or even shower!! Now that time is gone because my child has decided I am the new bed!

I consulted my favorite baby sleep guide, The Alpha Parent... and this is what it said "Your baby now has a growing sense of being an individual, and may wake up and miss you in the night."  And so that seems to fit and explain her new odd behavior. While I love and miss her too, I sure do hope this phase passes quickly....or perhaps it has just been a behavioral fluke the past few nights! (Wishful thinking!)

On the plus side,  I do get it see this sweet little face when she wakes up! Man this kid is all smiles in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment