Sunday, July 28, 2013

Teething!!

Peyton just turned 7 months!! And with this has come teething...

We had been struggling greatly with sleeping. Peyton will wake up in the middle of the night and scream bloody murder. The only place she seems to me content sleeping is on me!  Bryce and I couldn't figure out what was going on.

Then one day last week, Bryce said he tought.her saw a tooth. And sure enough...one of her bottom chompers was coming in.  This now seems to explain her fussyness in the evenings and need for mom! The poor thing is in pain!

Finally in the last few days the tooth has broken the skin....I'm hoping it decides to make it's full appearance soon...because I am tired! Unfortunately, I think the tooth's neighbor is coming in right behind it. Teething is dreadful!!

Though, despite the horrors of teething, there are sweet stories that go with it.  The other day, early, early morning, I was exhausted from Peyton sleeping right on top of me....and dying to lay on my side (I'm a side sleeper...so sleeping on my back night after night with the little one on top of me is tough).  So I gently put her next to me...about a foot away. Peyton woke up, turned and looked at me, rolled until she bumped me and then went back to sleep. Seriously....how cute is that?!?!!?

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear the pain is coupled with sweet comfort! She's soooooo precious!

    ReplyDelete